How to Make Movie Theatre Popcorn
Who doesn’t love popcorn you get at movie theatres? For many of us, that large bucket of popcorn is an important part of enjoying our movie experience. Crunchy, salty, and buttery; it’s the one thing you can be certain will be good – even if the movie isn’t.
Reproducing that beloved taste is the holy grail of many popcorn lovers. It’s also a game-changer for home movie night: be prepared to hand down this recipe to your family and friends as they will be asking for more!
Straight from the CornPopper kitchen, here is the tried and true method for preparing that perfect movie theatre popcorn at home. It’s quick and easy, and will cost you a fraction of what you would pay at the theatre!
- ½ cup of Gourmet Yellow kernels
- 1 Tablespoon of Real Theatre Popcorn Popping oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon (or less) of either Flavacol or Movie Theatre Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons of Buttery Topping, or melted butter
- Start by pre-heating your Whirley Pop on medium to medium-high heat – perhaps 75% of maximum heat.
- Add oil, kernels, and Flavacol or Movie Theatre Seasoning to the pot.
- Close the lid and start turning the handle continuously.
- In about 3 minutes the kernels will start popping like crazy. Have your large bowl ready. As soon as the popping slows down, pour your popcorn into the bowl.
- We like to add butter, or Buttery Topping, in layers for even distribution. To do this, pour a little on top, then stir with a knife or a thin spatula. Follow with another pour and stir. Repeat until you’ve used all the butter and your popcorn is suitably coated.
It’s that simple! Enjoy real movie theatre popcorn you made at home!